Dear Valued Customer:
A Federal regulation requires us to obtain your approval before we can consider payment of your ATM withdrawals and debit card purchases that may create an overdraft on your checking account. We currently provide this service to you as part of our Occasional Overdraft Privilege Service. Many customers prefer having this service to avoid the embarrassment of having their debit card purchase denied at the grocery store checkout line, at the pharmacy when paying for prescriptions, at a restaurant when paying the bill, or other similar situations.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks, in-person withdrawals, ACH transactions, pre-authorized automatic transfers
- Automatic bill payments, internet banking transfers, telephone banking transactions
- Recurring debit card transactions
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft item, your transaction will be declined.
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $34.98 each time we pay an overdraft item. Currently we will only assess your account up to the maximum of seven (7) Overdraft fees and seven (7) NSF fees per business day.
- We will start charging your account the $6.99 Continuous Overdraft Fee on the fifth (5th) business day your account is overdraw and will continue to charge the Continuous Overdraft Fee for each subsequent business day up through the 35th business day your account remains overdrawn.
- The Bank does not charge a checking account participating in the Overdraft Privilege Program an Overdraft/NSF Fee for transactions that overdraw an account by an aggregate amount of $5.00 or less
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions but would prefer to speak to a Unified Team Member, please call 800-960-5759.
If you would like to opt-out, please call 800-960-5759, visit your nearest banking center, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.