Skip Navigation Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,download Adobe® Acrobat Reader.
Contactless Freedom Debit Mastercard FAQ's
Contactless Freedom Debit Mastercard
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a contactless card?
- A contactless card can be used at point of sale (POS) terminals that accept contactless cards
- The card is not inserted into or swiped through the machine, you just wave it 1-2 inches over the POS terminal or tap it and it reads the card data.
- Are contactless cards and transactions secure?
- Yes! Every contactless transaction creates a unique code, helping to protect your information against fraud. The actual card information is not stored in the POS terminal.
- How do you use a contactless card?
- Tap the card on the front of the POS terminal
- Wait for a beep or green light before removing your card (you can put your card away now!)
- Follow the instructions on the screen if applicable
- Will I still be able to use my card at non contactless POS terminals and ATM’s?
- Yes! You can use the card as a contactless transaction, chip based transaction or swipe the card.
- The card can be used anywhere in person or online that accepts MasterCard.
- How do I know if a POS terminal accepts contactless cards?
- A POS terminal that is capable of contactless transactions will have this symbol
- When will I receive my contactless card?
- All cards are being mailed on January 11, 2021 and should be received within two weeks from that date.
- How long do I have to activate my contactless card?
- Contactless cards must be activated by February 15, 2021 because all non-contactless cards will be turned off at the end of that business day and will not be able to be reopened.
- Will my card information stay the same?
- The card number should remain the same, however, the expiration date will change.
- You will need to update the expiration date with any merchants who process reoccurring payments on your debit card.
- What if I just received a new card or my old card isn’t expired?
- All non-contactless cards will be closed on February 15th so you will have to activate and begin using the new card.
- What if I did not receive or threw away my new contactless card?
- We will be more than happy to order you a new contactless card today!
- Why is my card number and expiration date not on the front of the card?
- The card number and expiration date are now on the back!